+ inload: Unto Armageddon +

+ Enric Schultz +

+ 7th Army Steel Legion +


+ This lone Steel Legionary had been left unpainted, as he was surplus to requirements for the weekend event alluded to in the last inload [+noosphericinloadlink embedded+]. With the plan to update the force from their winter coats, he seemed a good place to make a start with a test scheme. +


+ This was really a proof-of-concept more than anything else. I wanted to visualise what the army might look like with the more traditional tan leather coats, and I rather like it. Note that much of the rest is identical to the polar scheme below: same boots, same gloves, same gun. +


+ The reason for that is speed and ease. If I can essentially treat the scheme above as a grisaille underpainting, then I'll be able to whip through the force in relatively short order. The worst of all worlds will be updating half then losing steam. +



+ The colours here are a bit of a hotch potch – I was having fun with wet blending, so beyond the boots, helm and gun all being Charadon Granite, I can't really tell you much of what I used! +

+ I've picked up a Contrast paint – Aggaros Dunes – and will be trying that out over the white coats. I'm hoping that the contrast effect of base and shading will work nicely over the pre-painted surface; and I'm interested to see how it works over the shading already in place. +


+ Above you can see the green and white flash on the sleeve roundel – this was inspired by the colours on one of the cardboard counters from The Battle for Armageddon boardgame – the green Imperial Army counters have slightly lower stats than the (presumably more experienced or well-supplied) first few Armies. I thought this'd be a nice touch.  +


+ In terms of detail and personality, this standalone model was the perfect place to experiment – if he ends up slightly different to the others, all the better: I'll have an example from another Regiment to help explore the background for The Ashes of Armageddon. +