+ inload: Legio Validus rules +

 + Legio Validus +


+ Had an 1,250pt game of Adeptus Titanicus last night, which was a blast. No pict-captures, I'm afraid, as I was busy juggling rules, terminals and all sorts. I had a Warlord, Warbringer and Reaver, and was facing a Warlord, two Reaves and a Warhound. A very enjoyable game, which ended in my defeat – but close 'til the end, and full of cinematic moments. +

+ I was lending out some of my Titans, so it was mostly a Legio Sumer-Nikator civil war, but – as the Sons of the Temple currently lack any Warhounds – I did a quick get-you-by paintjob on the next Warhound for Validus. +

+ Basic colours in place; tabletop ready +

+ Some more work and the Warhound will be a little more refined, like this Reaver. +

+ I also took the opportunity to update the lore and rules for Legio Validus on the PCRC website [+noosphericinloadlink embedded+], and so here's how they work:

Legio Validus are a loyalist Crusade Legio force for Adeptus Titanicus, and use the following rules:
  • Legio Trait: Masters of Defence
    • After being charged and attacks have been resolved, the Titan can make a move of up to 3in within rear arc at full speed, then take one point of heat.
  • Legio Trait: Elite Magos
    • Reroll a single repair dice in the damage control phase.
  • Legio Strategem: Locomotive Override (1)
    • A Titan of scale 9 or 10 can use this in the combat phase to turn up to 180 degrees and then suffer 1 point of Critical Damage to its legs. Note it’s Critical Damage, not a Hit, so you don’t advance the track.
  • Legio Wargear: Plasma Rifling
    • A global upgrade on a Titan, applying to all Laser or Plasma weaponry for 15 points. It allows you to push to give +6” to the short and long range of those weapons.


+ You'll spot a rather glaring Eye of Horus on this Loyalist Engine's shoulder pad – a relic of when the Engine was earmarked for Sumer-Nikator, before I realised I'd probably get more value if I had two smaller Legios than one big one. While the pad could be explained in background terms, I think I'll probably just replace it at some point. +

No comments: