+ inload: Fighting, Titans and War of the False Primarch +

+ inload: Miscellany +


+Pride of place in the blog entry goes to Bob Hunk's [+noosphericexloadlink embedded+] Flesh Eater Kill Team for War of the False Primarch. Sporting his signature LED look, it's easy to overlook the conversion work he's done to make the models look more like the Imperial Space Marines of very early Rogue Trader. Unflared legs (taken from the new Phobos armour type) along with helms cast from the limited edition Imperial Space Marine. All fit very nicely in the War of the False Primarch setting – and the autocockles are always warmed when one of my gaming group makes something for the project. +

+ I particularly like the flag borne by the squad – banners and flags rarely get the 'airtime' they deserve in this Gothic space fantasy setting. +

+ Opposing the Flesh Eaters for a very fun Kill Team game – which you can read about on Some Things Are Best Left Forgotten [+noosphericexloadlink embedded+] – was a squad of my Silver Stars. Since they've largely been built in lockdown, it was nice to get some gaming in. +


+++

+ Work-in-progress +

+ A couple of work-in-progress pieces. I'll be sorting out another six-week challenge/event for the War of the False Primarch, which will revolve around characters. To that end, I thought I'd put together an officer for the Silver Stars. This chap is not quite there yet, but he's based on the new Black Templar models. Took quite a lot of trimming to remove or adapt all the sculpted on detail. +

+ Captain Riverhead +

+ I've also been retained on commission for a trio of Iron Warriors following my process for my Officio Monstrosa project [+noosphericinloadlink embedded+]. Still working out the shapes and structure, but I've got the torso and legs on the blocks – as you can see in the example below. The head and shoulder pads are just tacked in place to check proportions. +


+ Pleased with how they're coming on; it's nice to return to older processes and refine them further. I'm using one of the Space Marine Heroes models here, which allows for slightly more dynamic poses out of the box than the Terminators I usually use. +

+++

+ And finally +

+ I popped up to Warhammer World on a secret mission recently, and while there had the pleasure of meeting two of the Baraqu gang for a game, along with some War of the False Primarch chaps – all lovely! Alas, it was a bit of a flying visit, though I did get the chance to take some pictures of the Warbringer Titan crew; the last figures I need to lay my greedy autoclaws on for my 40k-scale Titan Crew collection. They were an absolute [SCRAPSHUNTERRORABORT+] to photograph! +








 

No comments: