+ inload: Darren Latham's #90smarinechallenge +

+ Monopose Marines: back to the 90s +

+ Darren Latham, one of the GW Studio miniature designers and former 'Eavy Metal painter (and blogger – go check out his blog here), is running an event themed around the marines in the 2nd edition 40k boxed set. Using the tag #90smarinechallenge, the idea is simple: paint up one of the marines, post it on the 2nd September with the tag #90smarine finished. +

+ This seemed right up my street, so I hopped on the rapidly-departing bandwagon to paint up a [REDACTED] for the event. It seemed fitting to do a Silver Star, as one of the seeds for the War of the False Primarch project [+noosphericexloadlink embedded+] was to create a Chapter that had been there all along – both in the lore and the real world. +

+ That conceit rather fell by the wayside, but it was fun to reinvigorate it for this event. Neat how things work out sometimes, eh? +

+++

+ Brother Owaikēlā + 

+ Neat, alas, is not a word that applies well to the actual model. He's not 'officially' finished, but I think I'll step away very soon. One of those rather unsatisfying paintjobs where everything sort of fell into place, and then I faffed and fiddled and started to spoil what I had done. +

+ For the purposes of the event, then, I think he'll serve... 

... with perhaps one or two more tweaks... +


+++


2 comments:

(Kym) + Warburton + (Classic40K) said...

He looks great - very nice work!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic work.

Despite things slowing down the False Primarch project you started is pretty fantastic and a great inspiration. Really itching to paint some Wormwood Sons and Charnel Guard for the conflict soon. It inspired me to give a shot at making my own homebrew Chapter.